Welcome!

Notes from the author...


First I want to express my heartfelt THANK YOU to my chosen family members and my caring and supportive friends. Just knowing you are there brings much comfort and is a constant reminder that with love, all things are possible! PLEASE remember that nothing shared here is ever meant to hurt and I hope you will keep that in mind if you read something that touches you that way.

***If you would like to start where it all began, go to the post #1 "Why a Blog?" Thank you for taking the time to share my life experiences as a reader and a friend. Blessings to you all~



Sunday, June 13, 2010

How it all began...First stop Family Physician 3/29/2010

It's been about 3 months now since I made the decision to find a doctor, get a physical, and get back on schedule like I used to be before I moved here three years ago. What's a girl to do when well meaning friends and acquaintances all have the "perfect doctor" for you to go to? Add to that some of them disliked the ones recommended and you have a state of confusion!

I finally took the advice of my long time friend Sandy, called a clinic and made an appointment. I met with Dr. S and made a pretty good connection. Of course it did help to know she had spent four years in my home state of Washington so we had something else to chat about before we got down to business. She totally gets the concept of missing mountains...real mountains!

After all the usual exam checks and female yearly checks, I mentioned that I had been having some pain and discomfort in my breasts. I told her I had not had a mammogram since I left Washington so she requested one be scheduled for me. She did an exam again on my breasts but did not feel any distinct lump.

I left feeling glad that I found a doctor, had the pap smear and would shortly have the mammogram, my blood pressure was fabulous, and I seemingly didn't have a health care in the world! Within a week, that would all change.

No comments:

Post a Comment