Welcome!

Notes from the author...


First I want to express my heartfelt THANK YOU to my chosen family members and my caring and supportive friends. Just knowing you are there brings much comfort and is a constant reminder that with love, all things are possible! PLEASE remember that nothing shared here is ever meant to hurt and I hope you will keep that in mind if you read something that touches you that way.

***If you would like to start where it all began, go to the post #1 "Why a Blog?" Thank you for taking the time to share my life experiences as a reader and a friend. Blessings to you all~



Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ok, so I'm home...now what? Weds/Thurs. July 28/29, 2010

One would think I would sleep like a baby being home in my own bed, in my own house?

Not me! First of all, the house was quite warm when I got home Tuesday night. I don't have central air so I quickly got all the fans going and my little air conditioner in the living room window put out all it could on high to give some help.

In my bedroom I have the overhead fan and an upright fan that blows on my bed. I keep the insulated curtain closed which helps. But when I finally decided I should try and get some sleep, I just could not get comfortable. I tossed and turned for about half hour. Got up and drank some ice water to cool down and tried again after reading for a few minutes. Nothing like actually being too tired to sleep!

Normal people would be out at least eight hours, especially after driving for six plus. Nope...nada...I made three and considered myself lucky, throwing off the covers again with a hot flash, only to pull them up five minutes later because I was cool again. I think I had also gotten a bit spoiled with the regularity of the air conditioner in my hotel rooms.

I read for a little bit until, after the clock had timed me for an hour, I turned to my old friend Nyquil for a little help going to back sleep. (Don't worry, my surgeon and oncologist both know of this and it is ok for now when I need it.)

Slept in until 10, picked up Foxy around 11, then went to pick up the mail. Checked email at home, read some notes, and did not like my attitude at all. I cried at the drop of a hat, was overly sensitive for sure, and knew this was NOT a day to interact with others until I got my headache under control and my head on straight too. By afternoon, Foxy and I both got sleepy. I went in to lie down about 1 and didn't wake up until the house phone rang at 5. Could not believe it!

Got up, unpacked some of my stuff, fixed food for Foxy, watered plants, and let my mind rest with a little tv. I didn't turn my cell phone on until around 8pm. I willingly crawled into bed for the night and it wasn't even 8:30 yet! For a night owl like me, times like that are almost unheard of. I had no idea how exhausted I was!

Woke up, turned on my cell phone to see the time, and at 4 this morning I was trying to find my charger while the phone was repeatedly beeping to let me know that it was dying. I got my sandals on, went into the garage, got in the car and plugged it in where it peacefully slept until a more reasonable hour on Thursday, and I did too with a little assistance from a hit of Nyquil.

When I came out of the fog, I remembered that my charger was plugged into the wall by the bed in that Ft. Atkinson, WI hotel. All the places I have gone, that has never happened!

So I didn't get to coffee on Wednesday, didn't get to Beads on Thursday, but I did finally catch up on some sleep now that I could finally rest from all the stress of the past few weeks. I guess that is a good thing.

But after filling my days with learning, exploring, getting my mind stimulated and discovering new things...what on earth will I do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment