Wednesday when I was at the Book Nook, a very sweet lady greeted my friend Sandy. Seems they hadn't seen each other in quite awhile and were connecting. I was being my gregarious self around the place when Sandy called me over asking me to meet someone. She said, "Rosemary was hoping to finally meet you. She had known Jim for many, many years."
She took my hand and said, "Jim was such a truly wonderful man, but I'm sure you've heard that many, many times" to which I responded that I always love hearing stories or thoughts from people who knew him and meeting another one of his many friends.
She then said, "You have done so many different and wonderful things since coming to this community. I have no doubt that Jim would be so very proud of you and all that you have done. He loved the White Lake area so. I hoped to have the chance to one day meet you and here you are." That was special...It is nice to know that beyond the obvious individuals, most people who knew Jim think of me fondly and know that I want only to do good and giving things.
On October 10 this year, had we have both been alive and well, I have no doubt we would have enjoyed celebrating our 30th Anniversary . November 9 makes the 4th year since he moved on to the Other Side...I still miss him but I know he is never far.
Everyone walks into our lives for a reason. I have some who are still with me after many years and always find a way to keep touch. Some have been in for a short while and now are a memory. Some have entered and I hope they will be with me until I am no more. But what I do know, each of these special people has or will continue to leave a footprint on my heart and have helped me be who I am today and who I will be tomorrow. I am grateful to and blessed by all.
Being on my own is challenging enough! When you have breast cancer, you have more decisions to make than you expect, more options than you ever imagined, more emotions than you can sometimes handle, and have to trust people you hardly know. When there isn't a partner, spouse, parent, sibling or child in your life, who shares in the important decisions, deals with your highs AND lows, helps when you can't help yourself? How much is too much to ask? Guess we'll take it a day at a time and see...
Welcome!
Notes from the author...
First I want to express my heartfelt THANK YOU to my chosen family members and my caring and supportive friends. Just knowing you are there brings much comfort and is a constant reminder that with love, all things are possible! PLEASE remember that nothing shared here is ever meant to hurt and I hope you will keep that in mind if you read something that touches you that way.
***If you would like to start where it all began, go to the post #1 "Why a Blog?" Thank you for taking the time to share my life experiences as a reader and a friend. Blessings to you all~
First I want to express my heartfelt THANK YOU to my chosen family members and my caring and supportive friends. Just knowing you are there brings much comfort and is a constant reminder that with love, all things are possible! PLEASE remember that nothing shared here is ever meant to hurt and I hope you will keep that in mind if you read something that touches you that way.
***If you would like to start where it all began, go to the post #1 "Why a Blog?" Thank you for taking the time to share my life experiences as a reader and a friend. Blessings to you all~
No comments:
Post a Comment